Salary: £30,500 per annum
Full time, Open ended Appointment
We are seeking an individual with a minimum of 5 years combined Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger and Cash Management experience with additional supervisory experience.
You should have:
- A broad knowledge of financial accounting and project accounting
- Knowledge of ledgers, bookkeeping, purchasing, systems and controls.
- Experience of financial reporting to deadlines with responsibility for trial balance preparation.
- A capacity to deal with reasonably complex issues and good problem solving skills.
- Staff management experience with informal mentoring of less experienced employees.
- Good knowledge of banking procedures, cash flow forecasting, purchasing, asset control, VAT, PAYE and consistent budgetary control.
- Ability to work independently within defined parameters
- Good knowledge of Excel, accounting systems and an ability use technology to report effectively.
- Experience of system/process development and relational databases is desirable.
- Good level of business analytical and reporting skills
You would be expected to have a professional qualification in Finance i.e. qualified CIMA, ACCA or equivalent. Alternatively you may be qualified by significant experience and possess relevant vocational qualifications/accreditations.
Knowledge of charity accounting is an advantage but not essential.