This vacancy is now closed
- Closing Date
£26,000 per annum
Part time- 3 year appointment
To undertake the Partnership of Observation of the Global Oceans (POGO) communication and outreach activities by promoting the organisation's activities and achievements and the importance of ocean observations, through digital and printed media as well as in-person at exhibitions and conferences
- Develop POGO’s communication strategy and implementation plan
- Implement the communications plan, including evaluation of communication efforts/products.
- Update current and develop new promotional materials (brochures, folders, video)
- Contribute to re-design and maintenance of the POGO (and other) websites
- Oversee and update social network accounts for POGO and related projects (i.e. Facebook, Twitter and Linked In)
- Write articles for publication in peer reviewed and/or popular science magazines, to promote POGO and ocean observations.
- Plan and deliver POGO's contributions to key events (e.g. exhibitions).
- Arrange delivery of promotional materials to POGO members for distribution at meetings.
- Organise Ocean Communicators United teleconferences, expand and update the OCU membership list, solicit topics of interest, liaise with presenters/speakers, write reports.
Experience & Eligibility Requirements
You must have
- Experience in science communication, media and/or Public Relations;
- Good organisational skills; methodical and good interpersonal skills with an eagerness to learn new skills;
- Experience in Microsoft Office and good general IT skills; Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop, Acrobat, Illustrator and InDesign), website editing (Content Management Systems) and video editing.
- Proven experience with Time management and/or Small-scale project management;
- Excellent verbal and written skills; Ability to communicate science to the general public;
- Preferably you will have first degree in media/communications/journalism or related field, and/or at least 2 years' relevant work experience.
Applications to be submitted by 1700hrs on Thursday 23rd March 2017.
Interviews will be held on Monday 3rd April 2017.
Share this vacancy:
Register for job alerts